Designed for stability, simplicity & ease of use for power line distribution work, up to 65 foot poles, up to 24″ in diameter, 6,000 lbs maximum lift. The Achiever RT-02 DD Digger Derrick features a ROPS Cab certified to 24,000 lbs and the latest Category “C” Configuration with a removable bucket, 47 ft working height and plasticized full pressure all hydraulic controls at the bucket. Distance has been increased between the bucket and the metal parts of the boom. Boom Tip metal parts are now enclosed in plastic.
The 6,000 lb tip winch is permanently mounted onto the 3rd fiberglass boom and is therefore insulated from the rest of the machine. Optional extra-long outriggers (71 in) front & rear outriggers with even more lift for greater stability on hilly terrain are available which allow deck levelling to within 5 degrees on 12 degree slopes. A 600 lb capacity jib for transformer lifts is available.
The Achiever RT-02 DD features a 134 HP electronic Tier 4 engine which combined with the completed unit weight of approximately 17,700 lbs gives a greater power to weight ratio than any other tracked digger derrick. This rubber tracked unit is capable of working in 30 inches of water. Ground pressure on this unit is 2.28 PSI (no load), 2.62 PSI (loaded) with standard 29″ rubber tracks. Optional 33″ tracks are available to provide even lower ground pressure down to 2.0 psi (no load), 2.32 PSI (loaded).
It is transportable on a 12 ton trailer behind a line truck. Rubber tracks allow unloading on pavement.
UTV has manufactured tracked vehicles since 1995 & tracked digger derricks since 1999. The first tracked digger derrick built was an RT-01 DD Digger Derrick with 4,000 lbs max lift, 40 foot bucket reach some of which are still in service today.
Our customers include many power companies, coops, telecom companies and power line contractors. We service and support every machine we have ever made.
• Cab: 1-Man Open Cab, 24.000 lbs ROPS certified
• Mechanical suspension seat with 2 point seat belt
• Full instrumentation, illuminated panel gauge
• Backup alarm and horn, 1 fire extinguisher in cab
• Lights: LED high powered lights: 2 front & 1 rear on cab, 1 strobe (top), rear back up (& working) light
• Engine: Deutz TCD 3.6 L4, 4 cyl, tier 4 turbocharged diesel 134 HP at 2,300 RPM & 369 ft lbs at 1,600 RPM with 120 amp alternator, block heater, glow plugs, secondary fuel filter with water separator, electric engine shut down system, 2.6 gallon DEF tank
• Power Train: Hydrostatic two speed system with oil bath idler hubs
• Steering: Dual Joystick cable control
• Track: 29″ high profile rubber track with heat treated aluminum inserts
• Wheels: 2 drive sprockets, 2 solid idler wheels, 8 solid rubber wheels. Dust cap retainers (complete set for road wheels)
• Suspension: Torsion axle
• Rotation: Continuous rotation (planetary rotation drive with slip brake)
• Boom: Four way pole claw, fiberglass third boom insulated for 46kV
• Fiberglass fourth boom with bucket (42″ x 24″ x 24″) attachment and fully proportional all hydraulic top control
• Longer 4th boom with 47 ft working height & removable bucket
• Wireless radio control in bucket (engine start / stop & horn)
• Tip winch with 6,000 lbs lift at 9’ radius
• 12,000 ft lb T-12 auger drive (2) speed automatic with dual pumps
• 16″ dirt auger with 2.5″ hex diameter
• H.O.P.: 5 function automatic hydraulic overload protection (HOP) system, protected functions: boom down, 1st extension, 2nd extension, winch & digger dig
• Hydraulic side load protection allows rotation system to back drive
• Frame: Corten welded tub, corrosion resistant black
• Sub Frame: All welded steel with 4 radial outriggers, automotive white
• Outriggers: Longer (59 in) front & rear radial outriggers at 45° for higher lift on hills with 18″ x 20″ feet
• Misc: 2″ square receiver socket, front & rear; front and rear rectangular ground lugs
• Removable cab entrance step, rear folding step and side ladder on deck
• Wooden Side wall/deck and 2 Racks to carry poles
• Two sets of operations and parts and service manuals