The Kodiak K6 Crawler Carrier is typically equipped with either a 5 cubic yard dump box or a flatbed deck. The one or two man cab (open or closed) is ROPS certified. FOPS Certification can be added by changing the aluminum escape hatch to steel. Kodiak K6 Crawler Carriers can mount aerials, cranes, digger derricks, water tanks or fuel tanks or fire fighting packages. Other configurations are also available. Some available flatbed options are rear low flow hydraulics and a subframe for mounting a crane.
The Kodiak K6 Crawler Carrier one piece 24″ wide steel reinforced track with patent pending walking beam with double twin rocker bogey wheel suspension provides for a very robust unit with a low center of gravity and puts more track on the ground giving the unit excellent traction. This low cost one piece track is the same track as used on many construction crawler carriers and is easily replaced if necessary. Track life is estimated at 1,000+ hours depending on ground conditions. Some of our clients have told us they get as many as 8,000 hours on this type of track.
The Tier 4 Kodiak K6 features a 134 HP Deutz AG electronic engine which combined with the completed unit weight of approximately 14,000 lbs (unloaded) gives a greater power to weight ratio than any other crawler carrier in the 6 ton weight class. The difference when climbing hills in your area will be noticeable. The Kodiak K6 is transportable on a 8 to 10 ton dove tail or a standard 10 ton construction trailer as used for excavators or back hoes.
• Cab: 1-Man open cab, 24.000 lbs ROPS certified
• Mechanical suspension seat with 2 point seat belt
• Full instrumentation, illuminated panel gauge
• Backup alarm and horn, 1 fire extinguisher in cab
• Lights: LED high powered lights: 2 front & 1 rear on cab, 1 strobe (top)
• Engine: Deutz TCD 3.6 L4, 4 cyl, tier 4 turbocharged diesel 134 HP at 2,300 RPM & 369 ft lbs at 1,600 RPM with 120 amp alternator, block heater, glow plugs, primary fuel filter with water separator, secondary fuel filter with water separator, 2x 1,060 CCA batteries, muffler, electronic engine protection system, 2.6 gallon DEF tank
• Power Train: Hydrostatic two speed system with oil bath idler hubs
• Steering: Dual joystick cable control
• Track: One piece 24″ rubber tracks with steel reinforcements
• Wheels: 2 rear drive sprockets, 2 independent idler wheels with oil bath hubs
and steel face seals, 16 steel wheels, 12″ dia
• Suspension: Patented walking beam with double twin rocker arm bogey wheel suspension
• Frame: Corten welded tub, corrosion resistant black
• Sub Frame: All welded steel
• Misc: Driver’s side deck ladder
• 1 set parts & service manuals
Your privacy is important to us
If you’ve consented to cookie usage, but wish to withdraw that consent, you can do so at any time, by clicking the link at the bottom of this page marked “withdraw cookie consent.”